Well its Tuesday and in our home Tuesdays mean one thing, Taco Tuesday!
I used to just make tacos ever Tuesday but now we try to change it up between loaded tacos, chicken enchilada chili, dorito taco bake and our absolute favorite taco pizza.
Yesterday was Christmas and we are ready for something different for dinner rather than ham, mashed potatoes and green beans.So we are going to make taco pizza.It’s so simple to make and feeds our family of 6 with leftovers.To begin you just unroll both cans of crescent rolls onto a baking sheet.Like so,Bame at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. I like to cook it at little longer because it holds up better once you pile on the meat, cheese and toppings.While thats baking go ahead and brown your hamburger (or in my case tonight deer burger) in a skillet on medium-high heat. I use about 2 1/2 pounds. But you could do less.While that is browning mix together 1 8oz package of cream cheese and a cup of sour cream. This will be the mixture that’s spread onto your crescent crest.Your crust should be about done at this point and go ahead and set it aside to completely cool.After your hamburger is browned add. 1 1/3 cup of water and two packets of taco seasoning. I would like to make my own taco seasoning but until then the packets will do.Let that simmer,While that’s simmering spread your cream cheese mixture across your cooled, crescent crust. Then top with your meat, sprinkle with a cup of cheese. Then pile high with your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, and more cheese. Our house favorite topping is siracha it is the best!I hope you enjoy your taco Tuesday with my families favorite!Follow our blog to learn of other recipes! And comment below to share how much your family loved it as well!!
- 2-2 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 2 taco seasoning packets
- 1 1/3 c water
- 8oz package cream cheese
- 1c sour cream
- 1c shredded cheese
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- Lettuce/tomatoes (for toppings)Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll crescent rolls onto cookie sheet. Pinching the sides together to make one sheet of dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Brown hamburger in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Mix together sour cream and cream cheese in bowl and spread evenly on cooled crescent crust.
- After the hamburger has browned stir in 1 1/3 cups water and both packets of taco seasoning. Let simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread hamburger evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then top with cheese.
- Lastly, cover with toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes.